The goal of the April 15th team meeting:
- Apply three new methodologies to each of the four ideas generated on April 7th.
- What would the end user think?
- Narrow down the original four ideas to three ideas
April 15th team meeting notes:
We narrowed down the original four ideas to three ideas. We decided to incorporate “using a rental interface for musical instruments” into the the online instruction and membership ideas.
The remaining three ideas and the methodologies to be applied this week are:
- Anna S.: all services and instruction provided completely online … methodologies: Dragonfly Effect & Think Inside the Box
- Keith: all services and instruction provided completely online … methodologies: Kano Model & Dragonfly Effect
- Stephen: using a membership concept … methodologies: Kano Model & 4 C’s of Marketing
- Anna A.: partnering with inner-city schools and receiving some level of non-profit status … methodologies: Think Inside the Box & 4 C’s of Marketing
Other ideas that came up during the April 15th meeting:
- Allow students to track their progress and provide a reward when goals are met or competencies are attained
- Post videos, mashups, collaborations, etc. to show accomplishments to friends and family
- Help students find practice and collaboration partners, perhaps using colors to show your skill level (black belt) (online platform)
- schedule your lesson when you are ready/feel prepared
- Use an intake form to help students decide which instrument, timing and end goals, tolerance for improvement curve, initial skill level, etc.
- Determine a target segment: 15-25 years old seems good
- Googlehangouts is not the best for music lessons. Try FaceTime on the computer or Googlehangouts for the visual and FaceTime for the audio only
- Paypal is not the best option for payments. Try Cash.